The Orthopaedic and Traumatology Department Hospital Selayang is a referral centre for General Orthopaedic and Trauma care. We provide secondary and tertiary level healthcare with up-to-date contemporary Orthopaedic management with state of art equipments and facilities, complimented by a cohesive teamwork of Orthopaedic surgeons and staffs.
Orthopaedic & Traumatology
1. Centre for Orthopaedic excellence, providing service to the satisfaction of our clients.
2. Cohesive team of Orthopaedic specialists with multispeciality skills and teamwork spirit.
3. An established centre for training of doctors and gazettement of Orthopaedic surgeons.
4. Role model for future Orthopaedic practice
The Orthopaedic Department share a vision of the future that ensures the department will :
· Deliver the highest quality patient care in every facet of Orthopaedic practice.
· Encourage patient – centred , process – oriented efficient clinical programmes to ensure smooth delivery of cost – effective and friendly care.
· Promote Orthopaedic education by facilitatory exchange of concepts, information and techniques.
· Pursue problem – based clinical research and encourage clinicians to integrate new ideas in our daily activities.
· Strives to provide the highest quality musculoskeletal healthcare , Orthopaedic teaching and research with a commitment to service and leadership .
· Provide quality, contemporary and client – friendly care in Orthopaedics and Trauma.
· Promote good patient education and a conducive rehabilitative environment and provide positive and realistic attitude towards patient care.
· Create good and harmonious relationship among Orthopaedic staff and patients towards a friendly and caring service.
· Working towards continuous medical education and training for all levels of doctors and medical personal through the continuous medical education.
· To be research oriented with IT – based service
The department caters to provide quality Orthopaedic care in :
· Traumatology- secondary and tertiary care
· Paediatric Orthopaedic
· Arthroplasty /Joint Reconstruction
· Spine surgery
· Sports & Arthroscopic surgery
· Bone and Joint Infections
Clinical services offered can be divided into :
· Outpatient Services
· Inpatient Services
· Surgical Services
· Patient Education
· Full Paying Patient Scheme
|9A & 9B||1st Class Ward|
|10A||Full Paying Patient Ward|
|Trauma and General Orthopaedic Clinics||Mondays and Wednesdays||10 am to 1pm|
|Paediatric Orthopaedic Clinic||Mondays||2 pm to 5 pm|
|Arthroplasty Clinics||1st and 3rd Wednesdays||2 pm to 5 pm|
|Spine Clinics||2nd and 4th Wednesdays||2 pm to 5 pm|
|Full Paying patient Clinics||Monday to Thursdays||3 pm to 6.30pm|
Location: Level 4 , Specialist Clinic Complex, Hospital Selayang
The Full paying patient scheme is a new alternative scheme which includes:
· Outpatient services
· Inpatient Services
· and Daycare Services
This scheme provides these additional facilities:
· Patient is given thee choice to choose the surgeon he/she wishes to be treated by. The surgeons involved in this scheme are:
o Dr Ramli bin Baba
o Dr Satriya Sabir Husin
o Dr Hisham Kunhimon
o Dr Hisamuddin Masdar
· Patient has a separate schedule and appointment for consultation and treatment
· Enjoy a few additional benefits as in patient.
To further information please about this contact the full paying patient counter located at level 3 Kompleks Klinik Pakar
Inpatient Surgical service
|General Operating theater||8.00am to 8.00pm on Tuesdays|
|8.00am to 8.00pm on Thursdays|
Day care surgical service
|Daycare centre at level 2||8.00 am to 12.30 pm on Fridays|
Patient Education Services
|Orthopedic Clinic waiting area||Mondays and Wednesdays||11.00 am to 12 pm|
|Ward 6D||Arthroplasty Orientation programme||Wednesdays Afternoons|
|Ward 6C||Diabetic Foot Care||Tuesday Afternoon 2.00pm|
|External Fixator Care||Thursday Afternoon 2.00pm|
The department provides both office hour service and also 24 hour emergency service.
Selangor Hospitals Networking
- Twice a month Orthopaedic Clinic in Kuala Kubu Bharu