Patient education program development is important in helping patients and their families to be responsible in managing their diseases for a complete rehabilitation process. Towards this end, the approaches and strategies adopted by this unit are communication, organisational and training strategies.
- To provide patients and family with related knowledges, attitudes and practices, so that they can manage their own diseases and prevent from any complication.
- To educate and support patients and family to achieve optimum level of health.
- To support towards promoting of healthy nation through distributions of health information to patient, visitors and hospital staff.
Health Education Department is located at level 3 within Continuous Medical Education complex.
Health Education Department provides :
1. Patient Education Service Programme includes
- Health Talks for Diabetic and Cardiovascular Patients.
- Important in helping patients and their families to be responsible in managing their diseases for a complete rehabilitation process.
2. Health Promotion Programme
- Health Talks for Healthy Lifestyle Campaign for the public.
- This department also conducts and broadcasts in-house television network (Health Education Channel). This channel is available every working day from Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 2.00 pm on channel 0.
3. Distributing Health Education Materials
- These include developing, producing and disseminating health education and health promotional materials such as printed media (posters, pamphlets, booklets and flyers) to all wards, departments and the public.
4. Quit Smoking Program
- Quit Clinic’ in Selayang Hospital provides stop smoking counselling for the public who wish to stop the habit. This clinic operates every Wednesday 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm and service is available by appointment.