This department manages and provides secondary care to patients with skin diseases and Leprosyreferred from Government polyclinic doctors, General Practitioners from Selayang and Gombak districts and other discipline in Hospital Selayang. Apart from outpatient and inpatient services, we also provide ambulatory dermatology services insurgical dermatology, allergy testing and phototherapy.
Ill dermatology patients requiring intensive skin nursing and observation are admitted in the medical ward 10B, which is on the 10th floor. The first class and VIP patients are admitted in 9A and 9B wards, which are situated at West A and B wings.
Strives to provide quality skin healthcare and upgrade skin care therapy.
Moving towards a world-renowned medical institution.
1. To provide a comprehensive care for all Skin Diseases and Hansen’s disease in order to reduce the incidence and prevalence of physical, social and cosmetic morbidity, mortality while improving health status and increasing productivity.
2. To improve patients' involvement and participation in management of their disease through health education and counselling.
3. To provide 24 hours dermatology urgent inpatient service.
4. To train, upgrade knowledge and expertise of paramedics, medical officers and specialists in Skin and Hansen’s disease through Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin sensitivity tests (patch test/– photopatch test)
- Chemical cautery
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) – chemical peel
- Laser surgery
- Comedone extraction
- Intralesional steroid injections
- Bath and scalp therapy
- Skin slit smear
Industrial Sponsored Research
1. A Phase 3 Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double - Blind Study to Evaluate Upadacitinib in Adolescent and Adult Subject with Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis.
2. Multi-centre, double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled, Phase II Study to evaluate efficacy safety and tolerability of a single intravenous dose of BI6556130 in patient with Generalized Pustular Psoriasis (GPP) presenting with an acute flare of moderate to severe intensity.