Services And Achievement
1) i. Outpatient Care
- Outpatient clinics consist of Child and Adolescent Clinic and adult psychiatric clinic. The adult clinic is located at level 4 Klinik Pakar. The adult psychiatric clinics are running by our Medical Officer and psychiatrists on Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday. It consists of General Clinic , Liasion Clinic , Addiction Clinic, Counseling Clinic, Clinical and Psychology Clinic.
- The Child and Adolescent Clinic which is also called as Mekar clinic is at Level 2. This clinic also have Eating Disorder Clinic , Clinical Psychology Clinic , Counseling Clinic and Occupational Therapy Clinic. The Child and Adolescent clinic also provide special programs such as Day Care Program and Secondary School Consultation.
ii. Inpatient Care
Located in Wad 2C, providing 20 beds for male and female patients that been referred from Emergency Dept and another hospital such as HKKB and HOAG. This services are running for 24 hours with 3 shift form Nurses , Assistant Medical Officer and Pembantu Perawatan Kesihatan.
2) MENTARI (Community Mental Health Centre) and Community Psychiatry Services (CPS)
- Range of services in MENTARI include :
a) Promotion of mental health
b) Screening and early detection of mental health issues
c) Early intervention
d) Work-based Rehabilitation and Supported employment
- CPS is a community service by psychiatry team where
a) Care and treatment are being delivered close to home (especially to those who frequently default from clinic and admitted to the ward)
b) Risk management of dangerousness among psychiatric patients
c) Interventions given to improve disabilities as well as symptoms
d) Treatment and care given specific to the diagnosis (i.e Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder (with psychosis or suicidality) and Organic Brain Disorder)
e) Treatment Activities include symptom management, medication management, social support mobilization and improve functional level
3) Liaison Services
- Established since 2015, the team consists of 2 psychiatrists with special interest in liaison psychiatry and 1 Medical Officer
- Tasks include multidisciplinary involvement in managing patients holistically in which we receive referrals from all other disciplines/ wards for collaborative management of patients with psychiatric disorders or psychological problems
- Psychiatric assessments for patients on the list for organ transplantation
1) World Mental Health Day (WMHD) Programme
- Celebrated annually worldwide
- Programmes include outreach to public and creating awareness regarding mental health and psychological wellbeing
- In 2018, our WMHD was organized in Melawati Mall and officiated by YB Syed Saddiq, Minister of Youth and Sports.
2) Code Grey Training
- Training programme in identification and management of aggressive patients in Ministry of Health facilities
- Our Code Grey team is involved in training of trainers in the state of Selangor.
3) Suicide Risk Management
- Services are coordinated under the Hospital Suicide Risk Management Committee .
- Main aim is Identification of patients with suicidal risk and its management for inpatients and outpatients as well as training programs.
- Outreach programme to the public regarding awareness of suicidal risk factors and how to seek help through poster presentations
4) Special Designated Training Centre
- Master of Medicine in Psychiatry
- MRCPsych: Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK)
- Psychiatric posting for undergraduate students from various universities including UiTM, UPNM and MAHSA