Diagnostics And Interventional Nephrology Services
The Diagnostics and Interventional Nephrology (DIN) unit is situated at level 7 and consist of an interventional nephrology suite and a procedure room. It is equipped with 2 ultrasonographic machines and a mobile C-arm and provides a wide range of diagnostics and interventional nephrology services including:-
1. Ultrasonographic examination of the native and transplanted kidneys
2. Ultrasonographic examination of vascular access and pre surgery venous mapping
3. Insertions and salvage of peritoneal dialysis catheters
4. Insertion of non cuffed haemodialysis catheters
5. Insertion of cuffed haemodialysis catheters including translumbar and transhepatic.
6. Insertion of chemoports
7. Realtime ultrasonographic guided kidney biopsy (normal and plugged kidney biopsies).
Elective procedures requiring general anaesthesia are scheduled every Monday and performed in the general operation theatre.
For more information, please contact the DIN staff nurse at 603 6126 3333 extension 7001.
|Figure 6: DIN unit||Figure 7: Interventional Suite|